If you’re visiting this page, you’re probably interested in my professional side. In a nutshell: I love communications. I’ve lived all over the United States, look to work with organizations that have a lot of heart, and love combining smart messaging with thoughtful design.
I currently lead the communications and marketing team at U.S. Digital Response. We’re a small, and rapidly growing, nonprofit that helps governments and organizations respond to their community’s urgent needs. Check out our 2022 In Review and our 2021 In Review report here.
I recently lead all communications efforts at the University of Nebraska at Omaha College of Information Science and Technology. I also directed CodeCrush – an iSTEM immersion experience designed to help make the tech workforce more diverse and inclusive.
I earned my master’s degree in Public Relations from Boston University, and have been working in communications for over a decade. I’ve helped my clients gain positive placements in The Economist, The New York Times, Washington Post, The L.A. Times, and countless other news outlets.
Recent/Upcoming Speaking Engagements
Beyond the Tech Gender Gap: iSTEM in Rural Areas, SXSWEdu 2020 Speaker (Cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions)
(A select sample of semi-recent professionalism)
- IS&T Launches iSTEM Virtual Toolbox
- UNO’s CodeCrush Program Awarded Expansion Grant
- NSA Designates UNO as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Operations
- Computer Science Education Program at UNO Awarded $320K to Expand Scholarships for Rural Nebraska and Omaha Public School Teachers
Essays & Presentations
- IS&T Learning from Home (Part of a COVID-19 series interviewing the students, staff, and faculty who kept IS&T moving forward during the shutdown): Dr. Kate Cooper, Grace Maline and Kaitlyn Baysa, Cade Wolcott
- Adithi Chakravarthy, Ph.D. Student, Receives Award for Innovative Research on Rare Eye Disease, University of Nebraska at Omaha College of Information Science and Technology (website)
- The Ethical Dilemma: Who’s Tracking our Medical Data, University of Nebraska at Omaha College of Information Science and Technology (website)
- Honoring the Fallen, UNO Alumni Magazine (Print, December 2018)
- RESTART, Omaha Creative Mornings (presentation)
- How Your Facebook Comments Reveal More Than You Think, University of Nebraska at Omaha College of Information Science and Technology (website)
- How Our Immune Systems Learn to Defend: An IS&T Faculty Member Investigates, University of Nebraska at Omaha College of Information Science and Technology (website)
- The Worst Advice Anyone Ever Gave Me, AIGA Nebraska (Medium post)
- Gender Diversity in IT: The Problem We Can’t Stop Talking About, Omaha Pecha Kucha (presentation)
- A Field Guide to Starting Over, Omaha BarCamp (presentation)